AISA Annual General Meeting 2009
The 2009 AGM was held on Thursday 29 October via Teleconference from 5:00pm to 6:30pm AEST:
- Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne: 4:45pm for 5:00pm prompt start
- Adelaide: 4:15pm for 4:30pm prompt start
- Brisbane: 3:45pm for 4:00pm prompt start
- Perth: 2:45pm for 3:00pm prompt start
The venue for each of these branches is given here.
The AGM was chaired from Sydney.
Elections for Executive Committee members and Branch Executives were held at the AGM.
Nominations had to be received and seconded by 5:00pm AEST on Thursday 22 October 2009.
Information on the positions to be elected were published in "The Blanket" newsletter editions of August, September and October 2009 and is also available here.
How to nominate:
- If you are nominating another member, make sure that they are prepared to accept the nomination and understand what will be expected of them.
- Contact one other member in good standing to second your nomination. A member in good standing is one who has agreed to abide by our Code of Ethics and paid all Membership Fees due to 30 June 2010.
- Send an email to Secretary@aisa.org.au and copy it to the member seconding your nomination.
- Follow up to make sure the member seconding your nomination forwards the email to Secretary@aisa.org.au indicating that they are seconding the nomination by 5:00pm Thursday 22 October 2009.
- Forward a short biography of the candidate of 100 words or less to Secretary@aisa.org.au by 5:00pm Thursday 22 October 2009.
- Forward an optional platform or policy statement of 100 words or less to Secretary@aisa.org.au by 5:00pm Thursday 22 October 2009.
Members who can not attend at any scheduled location are able to assign their vote to a proxy. A proxy is a financial member who attends the AGM.
To assign your proxy vote, please complete this form and email it to Secretary@aisa.org.au. Your email address as recorded on the AISA Member Register will be regarded as your signature. You may also sign and post it to GPO Box 2157 SYDNEY, NSW 2001. Your proxy must be received by 5.00 pm Sydney time, Wednesday 28 October 2009.
You need to be an AISA member in good standing, who has agreed to abide by our Code of Ethics and paid all Membership Fees due to 30 June 2010, in order to participate in our AGM.
- Opening and welcome.
- Apologies and proxies.
Minutes from the last AGM
- Reports from the Executive Committee
- a. Chair b. Treasurer's Report
- Nominations for two (2) AISA members to sign the annual return to the Office of Fair Trading.
- Election of Office Bearers and Ordinary Member(s) of the Executive Committee
- Election of Branch Executives
- Any Other Business - Amendments to current AISA Rules
- Closure of Meeting
Nominations for the Executive Committee and for Branch Executives closed at 5:00pm AEST on Thursday 22 September 2009.
Deadline to Join/Renew for AISA AGM 2009
You need to be an AISA member in good standing, who has agreed to abide by our Code of Ethics and paid all Membership Fees due to 30 June 2010, in order to participate in our Annual General Meeting on Thursday 29 October 2009.
To ensure you can participate in our AGM, you need to join or renew online or via post in time for this to be received before 5:00pm AEST on Wednesday 28 October 2009.
If you apply to join AISA or to renew online after 5:00pm AEST on Wednesday 28 October 2009, and you wish to participate in our AGM, you must print-out and bring with you the PayPal confirmation of your membership fee payment.