AISA Annual General Meeting 2010
The 2010 AGM will be held on Wednesday 17 November via Teleconference from 5:30pm AEST: -
- Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne: 5:15pm for 5:30pm start
- Adelaide: 4:45pm for 5:00pm start
- Brisbane: 4:15pm for 4:30pm start
- Perth: 2:15pm for 2:30pm start
Venues for Branches available here.
Elections for Executive Committee members and Branch Executives will be held at the AGM.
Nominations must be received and seconded by 5:30pm AEST on Thursday 04 November 2010.
Information on the positions to be elected is available here, together with the names, biographical information and policy statements received from the nominees.
: As no more than one (1) nomination was received for each position, the nominees will be elected unopposed.
How to nominate:
- If you are nominating another member, make sure that they are prepared to accept the nomination and understand what will be expected of them.
- Contact one other member in good standing to second your nomination. A member in good standing is one who has agreed to abide by our Code of Ethics and paid all Membership Fees due to 30 June 2011.
- Complete the Nomination Form which can be downloaded here. It must be filled out entirely, signed and then scanned.
- Email your completed Nomination Form to reach Secretary@aisa.org.au by 5:30pm Thursday 04 November 2010.
- Nominees will be required to forward a short biography of 100 words or less to Secretary@aisa.org.au.
- Nominees may also forward an optional platform or policy statement of 100 words or less to Secretary@aisa.org.au.
Members who can not attend at any scheduled location are able to assign their vote to a proxy. A proxy is a financial member who attends the AGM.
The proxy form is available for download here.
To assign your proxy vote, please complete this form and email it to Secretary@aisa.org.au. Your email address as recorded on the AISA Member Register will be regarded as your signature. You may also sign and post it to GPO Box 2157 SYDNEY, NSW 2001. Your proxy must be received by 5.30 pm Sydney time, Tuesday 16 November 2010.
You need to be an AISA member in good standing, who has agreed to abide by our Code of Ethics and paid all Membership Fees due to 30 June 2011, in order to participate in our AGM.
- Opening and welcome.
- Apologies and proxies.
- Minutes from the last AGM
- Executive Committee & Branch Executives Announcements
- Reports from the Executive Committee, including Financial Report
- Nominations for two (2) AISA members to sign the annual return to the Office of Fair Trading.
- Election of Office Bearers and Ordinary Member(s) of the Executive Committee
- Election of Branch Executives
- Any Other Business
- Closure of Meeting
Nominations for the Executive Committee and for Branch Executives will close at 5:30pm AEST on Thursday 04 November 2010.
Deadline to Join for AISA AGM 2010
You need to be an AISA member in good standing, who has agreed to abide by our Code of Ethics and paid all Membership Fees due to 30 June 2011, in order to participate in our Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 17 November 2010.
To ensure you can participate in our AGM, you need to join online or via post in time for this to be received before 5:30pm AEST on Tuesday 16 November 2010.