Our mission is to promote an independent perspective of information security and provide a wide-range of personal and professional benefits to our members, while raising awareness of the risks and dangers of cyber attack and data theft in the Australian community. We aim to achieve this by:
- Facilitating and evolving best practice data and information
security practices and systems, including research and
- Helping organisations to reduce identity theft, financial
crimes, fraud, and unauthorised access to information systems and
the data they contain
- Empowering and educating individuals and families to take more
informed steps to protect their information
- Educating organisations and the public on reducing unwanted,
unauthorised or illegal electronic communications
- Increasing the awareness of information security issues among
individuals, the community, educational institutions, business and
- Developing the knowledge, skills and capacity of those working
within or alongside the industry
- Building and maintaining relationships between individuals and
organisations within the industry
- Advising government on the development of policy, law and
legislation relating to information security
- Providing an ongoing forum to share learning, knowledge,
skills, experience, ideas and innovation in the information
- Making support services available for members and information
security professionals within Australia.
AISA's leadership Team provides insight and
knowledge from their individual area of expertise, facilitate the
execution of AISA's strategy, and govern the organisation in line
with the constitution and relatedpolicies .
AISA core values
These are the core values that guide our behaviours, actions and decisions. These are the values that the organisation, its staff, its volunteers and its members expect of themselves.
- Embrace and drive change
- Foster innovation and collaboration
- Build a positive community spirit
- Build open and honest relationships with communication
- Be responsible and committed to the communities we serve
- Lead with excellence and maintain impartial expertise
- Champion a culture of trust and integrity.
AISA invites individuals with an interest in cyber security and related industries. Our broad membership base consists of information security professionals from industries such as finance, education and government. Some of our members are vendors or come from information security-related professions. Our members range from company directors and managers, to lawyers, risk professionals, architects and highly-skilled technical specialists.
Become a member