Topic: Managing security requirements in a software development lifecycle
Hosted by the AISA WA Branch, please join us for a face-to-face meeting and networking opportunity with a virtual presentation from guest speaker Jay Mbolda Yamdjeu, who is the Security Engineer at 1&1 Mail & Media Development and Technology, for a discussion on managing security requirements in a software development lifecycle.
As software development projects are more and more agile, security teams have to keep up the pace in order to be understood as business enablers rather than as an obstacle. In this presentation, we will present the OWASP SecurityRAT tool, which aims at simplifying the management of security requirements via automation.
This session will also cover the following areas:
- Categorizing and filtering of requirements for systems with different properties
- Integration with JIRA, enabling to automatically create and monitor progress of tasks of dev teams
- Export of the requirement sets for external partners in order to align security of external and internal development
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions of the virtual speaker and refreshments and drinks will be served throughout the event.
Speakers: Jay Mbolda Yamdjeu
Jay Mbolda has been working in the security field for over 4 years. He is passionate about defending software products and build tools to provide proactive security efforts. At 1&1 Mail & Media, he performs various security activities such as penetration test or threat models to identifying vulnerabilities and design flaws in applications. Jay holds a Master's Degree in Computer Science from the University of Applied Sciences Karlsruhe.
Date: Tuesday 9 August 2022
Time: 5:00pm - 7:30pm (AWST)
5:00pm – 5:30pm Registration and Networking
5:30pm – 6:30pm Presentation
6:30pm – 7:30pm Post Event Networking
Venue: Dexus Place Perth, Level 6, 240 St Georges Terrace, Perth, WA, 6000
COST TO ATTEND:
Registration is free for AISA members
Non-Members: $90 plus GST*
* Please note that this is the same amount as an AISA Membership. Register and pay so that you automatically join to become a member of AISA, and therefore registration is free and you have signed up as an AISA member which is valid for 12 months.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Members must be signed in to register
- To register for this event click on the Register Myself button
- Now your registration is pending checkout, please scroll to the bottom of your page and click on the button Proceed to Checkout to confirm your registration
- Once you have confirmed your registration this item will appear in your Shopping Cart
- If you are an AISA member the price should be $0.00 OR if you are a non-member please make payment via credit card
- Please proceed to Submit Order button
- A confirmation of order will be emailed to you once your registration is confirmed OR payment has been made
- Please note if you DO NOT submit order you will not be registered for this event
If you have any queries regarding this event please contact the Event Coordinator Clare Dillon at [email protected]
AISA presentations are intended for educational purposes only. Statements of fact and opinions expressed are those of the participants individually and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of AISA, its sponsors, or its partners. AISA does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented. Attendees should note that sessions may be recorded and published in various media, including print, audio and video formats without further notice.