Topic: Navigating systemic cyber risks: Addressing the insurability issue
The digital revolution has brought about an unprecedented level of interconnectedness in the world, transforming society and the way we do business, dramatically improving efficiency, quality, productivity and ultimately value. However, there is also a growing concern of "systemic cyber risks" that can have far-reaching consequences globally due to various forms of interdependency in the ecosystem, whether financial, biological, logistical or digital. There is also a fear that such risks are "uninsurable". To effectively tackle global risks such as "systemic cyber risks", there is a need for a common understanding of what the problem entails.
In this seminar, we will cover:
- The concept of systemic cyber risks and what it looks like;
- The current threat environment and how it has fuelled systemic cyber risks;
- The insurability issue of systemic cyber risks and how the insurance industry is tackling this risk.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions of the speaker and networking drinks with light refreshments will be served during the event.
Melissa Tan, is Head of Cyber Insurance and Partner at Lander & Rogers. Melissa is an experienced lawyer, with a focus on cyber. Melissa provides incident response management services and advises on privacy and other issues arising out of cyber incidents. Melissa also advises on complex coverage issues, cyber recoveries and regulatory investigations, as well as acting in disputes arising from cyber incidents.
Melissa has been awarded the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) University credential for Cybersecurity Risk and Strategy. Melissa has also been recognised by Lawyerly as a Litigation Rising Star, Insurance Business Australia as a Young Gun, and Australasian Lawyer as a Litigation and Dispute Resolution Rising Star. Melissa regularly provides in-house training for clients and market participants on cyber issues.
Date: Wednesday 26 April 2023
Time: 5:30pm - 7:30pm (AEDT)
5:15pm – 5:30pm Registration
5:30pm – 6:30pm Presentation
6:30pm – 7:30pm Networking Drinks
Venue: Dexus Place Melbourne
(North Tower entry from Exhibition Street)
Level 6, 80 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Registrations Close: At 5:00pm on Tuesday 25 April 2023
COST TO ATTEND:
Registration is free for AISA members
Non-Members: $90 plus GST*
* Please note that this is the same amount as an AISA Membership. Register and pay so that you automatically join to become a member of AISA, and therefore registration is free and you have signed up as an AISA member which is valid for 12 months.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Members must be signed in to register
- To register for this event click on the Register Myself button
- Now your registration is pending checkout, please scroll to the bottom of your page and click on the button Proceed to Checkout to confirm your registration
- Once you have confirmed your registration this item will appear in your Shopping Cart
- If you are an AISA member the price should be $0.00 OR if you are a non-member please make payment via credit card
- Please proceed to Submit Order button
- A confirmation of order will be emailed to you once your registration is confirmed OR payment has been made
- Please note if you DO NOT submit order you will not be registered for this event
If you have any queries regarding this event please contact Kylie Hatcher, Events Manager at [email protected]
AISA presentations are intended for educational purposes only. Statements of fact and opinions expressed are those of the participants individually and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of AISA, its sponsors, or its partners. AISA does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented. Attendees should note that sessions may be recorded and published in various media, including print, audio and video formats without further notice.