Topic: Bringing better security in a click, with sensitivity labels
Office 365 sensitivity labels was rolled out to all University of Queensland (UQ) staff in late 2021. Using UQ’s established information security classifications, sensitivity labels categorise and encrypt documents
and communication in Microsoft Office 365 documents, offering protection from accidental access and increasingly complex threats.
This is part of the University’s continued commitment to improving the information security and the safety of staff and students. In this presentation, we will explain the process for rolling out a major technological change throughout the University of Queensland – developing training and awareness materials, forging relationships with senior decision makers, and delivering targeted training presentations to cohorts throughout the University. Using our process documents and feedback from implementing sensitivity labels, we will share our key lessons learned, emphasising the importance of a personalised approach, regardless of the project scope.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions of the speaker and networking drink and light refreshments will be served after the presentation.
Shelly Mills is the Project Manager, Cyber Security at The University of Queensland. Shelly has combined her diverse background in communications, higher education, and information management by breaking into the data governance and cyber security space at The University of Queensland. She has worked across a variety of projects in both spaces, including helping to deliver new technologies, build an operational data governance capability, and developed advanced models of the University's information landscape.
Date: Tuesday 11 April 2023
Time: 5:30pm - 7:30pm (AWST)
5:15pm – 5:30pm Registration
5:30pm – 6:30pm Presentation
6:30pm – 7:30pm Post Event Networking
Venue: Dexus Place Perth, Level 16, 240 St Georges Terrace, Perth, WA, 6000
Registrations Close: At 5pm on Monday 10 April 2023
COST TO ATTEND:
Registration is free for AISA members
Non-Members: $90 plus GST*
* Please note that this is the same amount as an AISA Membership. Register and pay so that you automatically join to become a member of AISA, and therefore registration is free and you have signed up as an AISA member which is valid for 12 months.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Members must be signed in to register
- To register for this event click on the Register Myself button
- Now your registration is pending checkout, please scroll to the bottom of your page and click on the button Proceed to Checkout to confirm your registration
- Once you have confirmed your registration this item will appear in your Shopping Cart
- If you are an AISA member the price should be $0.00 OR if you are a non-member please make payment via credit card
- Please proceed to Submit Order button
- A confirmation of order will be emailed to you once your registration is confirmed OR payment has been made
- Please note if you DO NOT submit order you will not be registered for this event
If you have any queries regarding this event please contact the Event Team at [email protected]
AISA presentations are intended for educational purposes only. Statements of fact and opinions expressed are those of the participants individually and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of AISA, its sponsors, or its partners. AISA does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented. Attendees should note that sessions may be recorded and published in various media, including print, audio and video formats without further notice.