EACH year, (ISC)2 undertakes a detailed and comprehensive study to assess the global cyber security workforce to better understand some of the barriers and difficulties that face the cyber security profession.
The latest iteration of this study, titled the (ISC)2 Cybersecurity Workforce Study, 2021, polled over 4,700 individuals and organisations across Australia and around the world. The study contains a wealth of information and data related to topics such as:
- The total number of cybersecurity professionals in Australia today
- The total cybersecurity workforce gap in Australia today
- Top sectors employing cybersecurity professionals in Australia today
- Top skill areas Australian cybersecurity professionals are seeking to develop
- The extent and consequence of cybersecurity staffing shortages to Australian organisations
- Insights in how to better diversify cybersecurity teams to ensure increased women, minority, and disadvantaged group participation in the sector.
>> See this quick-glance Australia-specific infographic flyer that contains key information derived from the (ISC)2 Cybersecurity Workforce Study, 2021. It also contains a link to the full report.